Select 2 committees you would like to join. Brief descriptions located below:
Greeters – Visiting Rotarians/Guests
- Promotion of friendship among Club Members, Visiting Rotarian, and Guests by acting as the official greeters at all club events, including the weekly meeting.
- Extend special welcome to all visiting Rotarians and guests of Rotarians at the meetings.
- Register all visiting Rotarian and Guests and provide list to the club’s President or Sergeant of Arms. Ensure the correct information has been gathered so the visiting Rotarians and guests may be properly introduced during the meeting.
Raffle Ticket Sales
- Coordinate the 50/50 raffle tickets sales and drawing (or Queen of Hearts).
- Birthday cards for membership, coordinate with eblast to make announcement.
- Coordinate and make sure all members have given a classification talk. Share information with eblast team.
Invocation and Flag Salute.
- To provide the invocation and lead the Flag Salute at the weekly meetings.
Weekly eblast to members and friends of Rotary
- Create the latest eblast that will be sent out to club members and the friends of Rotary list. Use the existing template on Constant Contact. The ebast will need to contain the following information:
- Next Club Meeting Announcement
- Birthday Announcement
- Classification Talk Announcement
- Speaker Information Announcement
- Event Announcement
- Happy Hour Information Announcement
Rotarian of the Quarter
- The committee will need to come up with the section criteria
Public Image & Communications Committee
- Maintain a professional website
- Leverage the power of social media (i.e. Facebook, Linked In, Instagram and etc.) to expand the awareness of the club and its current activities among our target constituencies.
- Photography at club meetings, events, new member inductions and etc…
- Implement an effective community relations / publicity / media relations program that positions our Rotary Club as one of Alexandria’s leading community service organizations and contributes to building a benefit-related awareness for the club’s community service activities.
- Support the club’s fundraising activities, major sponsorship sales and sponsor relations to assure sufficient funding for the club’s service programs.
- Build a benefit-related awareness for the club through an effective public relations and club communications program support other key elements of the marketing mix to advance the club’s brand such as:
- Media advertising (Zebra, etc…),
- Rotary Club of Alexandria promotional materials,
- Merchandising / signage program,
- Direct marketing & viral marketing,
- Strategic alliances & co-operative marketing
New Member Recruitment and Classification
- Recruitment of potential new members for the Club.
- Review of new member applications and recommendation to the Board regarding all applicants.
- Monitor attendance and participation of Club members and initiate activities to encourage retention.
- Review letters of resignation and contact resigning Rotarians to explore ways that their membership may be extended.
- Forward letters of resignation to the Board of Directors with the recommendation of the Membership Retention Committee.
New Member Involvement/Mentors
- Oversee activities of the new members.
- Make the new members’ absorption into the Club activities as smooth as possible.
- Ensure that new members are assigned to a committee as soon as possible.
New Member Orientation
- Welcome to Rotary letter gets sent out.
- Ensure that new members are invited to a Club Board meeting as soon as possible after acceptance into the Club.
- Present information to new members regarding the history, objectives, scope, customs, and activities of the Club.
- Inform new Rotarians of the requirements for continued membership in Rotary.
Rotary After Hours
- Arrange monthly, on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, a “Happy Hours” or “Engagement Parties” or “Champagne Receptions” as after hour socials (supporting those restaurants that have supported the club). Participation may be limited based upon venue size. Costs should be minimal and be covered by those attending.
- Identify special needs or projects that meet the objectives of Rotary and present those needs or projects to the Rotary membership.
- Organize, solicit and secure from the Rotary members and others the funds required to meet the special needs or projects.
- Coordinate with the nonprofit organization in the logistics of accomplishing the service day.
- Coordinate with the Rotary Foundation to financially support the effort as appropriate.
- Sips for Saints
Dictionary Project Delivery
- Raise funds and distribute readers/dictionaries to students in the City of Alexandria.
Rotary International Foundation
- Grant application review and distribution of funds to charities.
- Create awareness of the activities of the Rotary International Foundation.
- Promote support of the activities of the Rotary International Foundation.
- Provide liaison activities between our club and the Rotary International Foundation.
Rotaract – New This Year
- Explore the feasibility of sponsoring a Rotaract Club. (Rotaract is a Rotary-sponsored service club for young men and women ages 18 to 30.)
- Coordinate with Rotary District 7610 in the selection of the Rotary Youth Leadership Award Recipients and the associated conference.
World Community Service
- Explore opportunities to connect and partner with Rotary Clubs around the world.
- Develop continuing partnerships between our club and Rotary clubs in other parts of the world.
- Coordinate with our international partner clubs for mutually beneficial projects, exchanges and activities. Involve all new members in this project.
- Help the treasurer with tasks
Complete your selection below:
Please select the committees that you would like to serve in for remainder of this fiscal year: